Curb Appeal Matters
Curb Appeal Matters in selling your home whether you are in Southlake, Keller, Ft. Worth, or Haslet…country property or urban, the outside of your house speaks loudly to a potential buyer.
Want proof? A buyer I’m working with right now will only view homes he finds appealing from the outside. If the house isn’t up to his standards from the street, there’s no talking him into viewing the inside. Curb appeal matters.
Improve your curb appeal with some simple steps.
1. Fresh paint. Give the trim and wood of your home a coat of fresh paint. Nothing gives you a big bang for your curb appeal buck like a coast of crisp white on the trim. Be sure to paint the front door a coordinating or surprising color. Deep reds, greens, or yellows add a pop of bright to the facade of the house.
2. Yard Maintenance. Water your lawn and shrubs. Yes, it’s hard in the drought Texas is having, but try. Keep the grass clipped. Trim shrubs so walkways are clear and easy to naviagate.
3. Mulch. A fresh layer of mulch is like laying new carpet. It makes the entire yard look better. Mulch is an easy and inexpensive way to update your curb appeal.
4. Furniture. Help your potential buyer see the potential outdoor living space. A charming bistro table and chairs on the front porch, a comfy wicker chair near the door, a colorful bench under the oak tree…all these tell your buyer that curb appeal matters.
5. Accessories. Clear, easy to read house numbers, a freshly painted mailbox, and a few pots of colorful annuals say welcome and are well worth the effort to give a great first impression.
Some time, some elbow grease, and a few dollars helps your home’s face shine. Yes, curb appeal matters for your North Texas home sale. Have more questions or want specific suggestions for your home? Call me! 817-798-2420. I’m happy to help.